First Project - Thiện Phước Nhân Ái Center
Thiện Phước Center's primary mission
is to care for and support orphans with disabilities, heal them physically and mentally, and help with integration into society.
- The center started its operations on 5/18/2001 in Cu Chi, Vietnam.
- Currently, the center takes care of 72 children: 47 children are severely disabled and paralyzed due to cerebral palsy and polio; 25 children have various conditions such as Down syndrome, hydrocephalus, autism and other developmental delays.
- The center provides formulas, diapers, supplements and education for the children. The facility offers physical therapy and acupunture rehabilitation.
- Presently, the center is managed by 12 sisters and 10 staff members.
- Thien Phuoc Center is a non-government sponsored organization. The operations rely solely on the support of organizations, individual donors and sponsors, both within and outside the country.